Games are a great way to educate children. The games played at kindergarten teach children various things which are very beneficial for the future like: team work, socializing, hard work, and concentration. Children at the same time learn to handle disappointments as well. Games are also a great source of training children like number boxes are used to teach the basic counting. You can say that children start evolving once they start playing. It also infuses confidence and strength.When we talk about the benefits of kindergarten games, the role of a teacher cannot be ignored. Teacher must be forthcoming with any innovative idea about games. If they feel any new innovative game can help children, they must promote it. Let’s look at some of the 5 popular options of kindergarten games:
- Sorting It is a very popular game for preschoolers. It is considered as a foundation of their mathematical skills. Children are taught to sort various things. It, at times, takes more than a year to master the art of sorting. Sorting can be taught with different colors or animals toys made of plastic or an eraser. Some other popular materials which can be used for sorting are: buttons, shells, keys, paint sample chips, seeds and pom-poms.
- Drama Children must be encouraged to take part in drama where they can wear costumes and play a character be it a doctor, pilot or a soldier. Drama enables a child to build confidence and listening to other’s dialogues, ideas and thoughts helps in developing concentration.
- Creative Activities Material like paints, glue, pencils, markers and clay should be used for pursuing various creative pursuits. First of all, it will be interesting and secondly, children will get to explore their creative talent.
- Physical Exercises It is very important to encourage some sort of activities which require children to do some hard work. They can be encouraged for physical training classes, tug of war, football, etc.
- Hide and seek Children should play hide and seek as it sharpens their mind. It makes their brain work faster. It enhances their senses to be attentive to identify a clue and take swift actions. All these games are focused towards the entertainment and overall growth of the children.
Pacific Preschool’s programs are dedicated towards the growth and development of children. We do promote games as a part of our programs. For more information, please call us on (949) 364-5401