These are the following tips on various aspects of Halloween which can ensure safety to you and your family:
- Choose costumes that are bright, reflective and fitted. Oversized costumes might lead to entanglement, tripping and might catch fire.
- Use non-toxic make-up to avoid irritation or any harm to your child’s skin. Test the make-up over a little part of your skin before applying it on the grand day.
- Use decorative hats and ensure that they do not fall over your child’s eyes.
- Before wearing those spooky contact lenses, consult an eye specialist. If you do not choose the right product, it can be dangerous.
- While shopping for wigs, costumes and other accessories, make sure they are labelled as flame resistant.
- Do not let your children carve the pumpkin. Simply, keep them away.
- If possible, use paint or markers to decorate the pumpkin, instead of carving.
- Place the candlelit pumpkins on tables that are away from curtains. Make sure that these are located far from the reach of visitors.
- If your children are going to neighborhood, be sure to accompany them.
- If your children are going alone, review the route and make sure that it’s safe for your children.
- Stay in a group and communicate about their hangout places.
- Use a cellphone for quick communication.
- Get flashlights with new batteries for children and their chaperones.
- Always take sidewalks.
- Notify law enforcement authorities of any strange or suspicious activity.
- A good meal will discourage the youngsters to indulge in candies which are not good for your health.
- Be sure to sort the candies before your children eat them. Throw away any unwrapped or opened candies.
Following these safety tips will definitely ensure you a happy and safe Halloween.
About Pacific Preschool & Kindergarten
Pacific PreSchool & Kindergarten is one-of-a-kind preschool and child care center in San Marcos, California. Their goal is to provide an early childhood education program to little children so that it satisfies their physical, socio-emotional and child development needs in a progressive way. Lynda Way, the owner of Pacific PreSchool & Kindergarten, makes use of her 40 years of professional knowledge in childhood development and truly loves what she does.
- Web |
- More Posts (149)