Here are 5 tips to help your child find self-confidence and overcome shyness:
- Be an Outgoing Parent As a parent, how you act will be a model for your child to follow. Be outgoing. Introduce yourself to other parents. Create conversation and encourage your child to interact with their peers. Volunteer at their school or with groups they want to belong to. Also Read: 8 Secrets of Good Parenting to Build Your Child’s Self-Esteem
- Offer Them a Way In Provide your children with ways to be included in different groups. For example, if the child is interested in softball, buy them the equipment they will need and begin to teach them the game. When the season rolls around, sign them up and allow them to join a team.
- Offer Advice Talk to your children about the things that happen during the day. Help them work through some of the situations they may face with other students. Not everyone will be friendly, but by the same token, not everyone will be a bully.
- Talk to Them About Their Feelings Let them know that it’s a normal reaction to be upset about how certain children treat them. Encourage them to remember a time in the past where they encountered a rough time and made it through with a few well-learned lessons. Each person is unique and they offer their own flair to a particular situation. Also Read:Diagnosing Your Lonely Child
- Build Positive Social Skills Life is what they make it. Teach them positive ways to handle even the worst situations. Just because someone else is being unsociable, it doesn’t mean they have to act in the same manner.
About Pacific Preschool & Kindergarten
Pacific PreSchool & Kindergarten is one-of-a-kind preschool and child care center in San Marcos, California. Their goal is to provide an early childhood education program to little children so that it satisfies their physical, socio-emotional and child development needs in a progressive way. Lynda Way, the owner of Pacific PreSchool & Kindergarten, makes use of her 40 years of professional knowledge in childhood development and truly loves what she does.
- Web |
- More Posts (149)