An early education program that meets the needs of and promotes the physical, socio-emotional and intellectual development of your child…
Pacific Preschool & Kindergarten : Our Philosophy on Early Childhood Education
…is to provide high quality, professional, early education programs for your children. We shall forever be committed to the individual child and meeting his/her needs, not a commitment to the program that serves the children. The foundation of this commitment is our belief in the balanced process of a child’s growth and development, considering at all times their physical, socio-emotional and intellectual needs. As a child “experiences,” a self-concept is developed… and it is this positive feeling toward oneself that allows for life’s future successes. We are committed to providing the experiences that foster the development of this positive self-esteem as well as the school readiness necessary for success in future learning! The environment at Pacific PreSchool includes boundaries and direction within each of these areas, yet is stimulating and provides the necessary freedom, allowing each child continual opportunities for choice, discovery and decision making.
Founded in 1926, The National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC)
is the world’s largest organization working on behalf of young children with nearly 80,000 members, a national network of more than 300 state and local Affiliates, and a growing global alliance of like-minded organizations.
You have high expectations… and so do we!
You’re responsible for the health and development of a very important person – your child. NAEYC wants children to receive the care and attention they deserve in a safe, healthy learning environment. When you choose an NAEYC Accredited program, you’re joining a program that has demonstrated its commitment to excellence in early childhood education. You have high expectations… and so do we.
NAEYC-Accredited programs must…
- Promote positive relationships for all children and adults to encourage each child’s sense of individual worth.
- Implement an early childhood education curriculum that fosters all areas of child development: cognitive, emotional, language, physical, and social.
- Use developmentally, culturally, and linguistically appropriate and effective teaching approaches.
- Provide ongoing assessments of each child’s learning and development and communicate the child’s progress to the family.
- Promote the nutrition and health of children and protect children and staff from illness and injury.
- Employ and support a teaching staff that has the educational qualifications, knowledge, and professional commitment necessary to promote children’s learning and development and to support families’ diverse interests and needs.
- Establish and maintain collaborative relationships with each child’s family.
- Establish relationships with and use the resources of the community to support achievement of program goals.
- Provide a safe and healthy physical environment.
- Implement strong personnel, fiscal, and program management policies so that all children, families, and staff have high-quality experiences.
After an extensive application process, skilled and reliable NAEYC program
assessors visit each early childhood education
program to determine that it is meeting NAEYC standards. Following accreditation, all programs are subject to random, unannounced visits by assessors to ensure that the programs continue to meet these standards.
NAEYC Accreditation is the mark of quality that you seek, and it assures you that your child will be safe, healthy, and learning each day. Accredited programs have met NAEYC’s 10 standards for high-quality early childhood education. These programs have demonstrated that they provide a safe and healthy environment for children, have teachers who are well-trained, have access to excellent teaching materials, and work with a curriculum that is appropriately challenging and developmentally sound.
Visit www.rightchoiceforkids.org and click on “about us” for more details on NAEYC’s 10 standards. View the brochure A Guide for Families to learn what to look for when choosing an Early Childhood Education Program. Look for the NAEYC Accreditation
torch when choosing the right early childhood education
program for your child. When you choose an NAEYC-Accredited program, you are making the right choice for kids.
and click on “about us” for more details on NAEYC’s 10 standards. View the brochure A Guide for Families
to learn what to look for when choosing an Early Childhood Education Program.
Look for the NAEYC Accreditation torch when choosing the right program for your child. When you choose an NAEYC-Accredited program, you are making the right choice for kids.
Pacific Preschool & Kindergarten
1301 Elfin Forest Road West
San Diego County, CA