The first five years of a child’s life are their greatest period of learning. Their minds are like sponges during that time, absorbing everything around them. Taking the time to incorporate some formal learning program during these early years will help determine how your children feel about education for the rest of their lives. As we celebrate World Teacher’s Day on October 5 this year, let’s understand 10 ways in which having both teachers and parents involved in early education can benefit a child:
- Makes Children Social Being able to effectively function in social situations is a vital factor in future success. By spending time interacting with peers, a child learns what is and is not acceptable in regards to social behavior.
- Teaches the Value of Respect Respect for both self and others is one of the major cornerstones of becoming a decent person.
- Teaches the Importance of Sharing Interacting with peers, sharing toys and the attention of adults will teach the importance of sharing.
- Instills the Love of Learning An early positive learning experience will set in motion a lifetime search for knowledge.
- Develops the Value of Teamwork Games and other partner-based activities help a child learn to help others and ask for needed help.
- Boosts Self-Esteem and Confidence Every time a child excels his or her self-esteem and confidence rises. In an educational setting, opportunities abound for these successes.
- Gives Exposure to Diversity Today it is essential to recognize and accept a great deal of diversity daily.
- Helps in Learning Cooperation Following orders, working together for success and other cooperative tasks will help ease the path for future schooling and career.
- Teaches Resilience Life is full of both ups and downs. Learning to deal with both without allowing either to cause emotional overload is necessary for healthy emotional growth.
- Develops Listening Skills Learning proper listening skills will help foster greater communication skills.
Pacific Preschool understands the value of quality early education and is dedicated to develop an early education program that meets the needs of every child and promotes the physical, socio-emotional, and intellectual development of your child. Contact us for more information about our early education program and how it may benefit your child.